Watch our Single-Lock Splice-Lock assembly video:
Available in steel, aluminum alloy 3003 and stainless steel Type 304. Splice-Locks are designed for the alignment of handrail sections and as expansion joints. They are most effective as a joint stiffener when used within 12″ of a welded post or handrail bracket.
The screw hole is threaded into the connector and theSingle-Lock Splice-Lock’s prongs hold the piece together as a unit allowing for simple insertion into the pipe or tube. The set screw is a headless socket with a cup end.
Splice-Lock tube and pipe connectors have a similar shear strength as standard pipe but are not to be used in post Assemblies.
Splice-Lock tube and pipe connectors are available in single-lock and double-lock.
Single-Lock Splice-Locks are for use as Connectors or expansion joints. For maximum strength, use Double-Lock Splice-Locks.
Single-Lock Splice-Lock Assembly
The Single-Lock Splice-Lock contacts the inside of the pipe or tube in four areas along its length to ensure alignment and maximum strength.
- Drill 13/32″ diameter hole for 3/8″ Screws or 11/32″ hole for 5/16″ Screws. This clear hole should be centered 3/8″ from the end of each Pipe or Tube for 3-3/4″ Splice-Locks or 17/32″ to center for 6″ Splice-Locks, as shown.
- Insert Splice-Lock into this first section.
- Insert and partially tighten the Set Screw.
- Slide other section to be joined over the Splice-Lock.
- Complete tightening of the Set Screw until no movement is possible.
Resultant action: Single-Lock Splice-Lock contacts inside of pipe or tube in four areas along the full length to ensure alignment and maximum strength.