Custom Metal Finishing and Polishing
The Wagner Companies provides reliable metal polishing for customers’ low or high-volume needs, tackling each assignment with speed and efficiency.
We offer polishing and metal finishing for aluminum, brass, bronze and stainless steel.
- 12 Polishing lathes
- 6″ Tannewitz Auto-Feed Belt Polisher
- Assorted Air Operated Grinders and Polishers
- 2 Comecel Thru Feed Cylindrical Finishing Machines
- Longitudinal Pipe/Tube Polishing Machine
- 10’ x 20’ Swing Grinder Gantries
- 12’ x 30’ Bed Stroke Sander, 100 lb capacity
- Two Axis Polishing Turntable
- Long Length Circumferential and Longitudinal Polishing Machines through 6” OD
Our state-of-the-art facility allows us to handle any number of pieces as well as parts of practically any size or shape. For a quick turnaround, we can often process and ship orders within 48 hours. Additionally, if you are located in the Milwaukee area, we can offer pick-up and delivery services, too. We have earned our metal finishing reputation from years of quality metal polishing and buffing workmanship, competitive pricing and flawless service. Our goal is to exceed your expectations, solving your challenges by utilizing the extensive knowledge, experience and dedication our well-trained team has to offer. We can restore just about anything – car wheels and trim, engine parts, motorcycle parts, antiques, sports equipment – you name it – it can be restored.
In grinding, polishing and buffing, labor is a major variable in the process. We maintain a highly skilled labor force with years of experience and a thorough knowledge of the art of metal polishing. Using state-of-the-art equipment, our highly skilled employees can put the finishing touches on any metal product in any quantity.
Grinding, polishing and buffing are all processes for improving the surface conditions of a product for decorative or functional purposes. Mechanical polishing is a series of abrasive operations used to remove or smooth grinding lines, scratches, pits, mold marks, parting lines, tool marks, and surface defects that adversely affect the appearance or function of the part. We can polish virtually any metal — brass, aluminum, copper, stainless steel, steel and other alloys — in a range of part sizes. As long as the items are completely disassembled and as free of dirt, grease and oil as possible, we will polish items that have not been plated, anodized or powder coated. We can only polish those materials after any coatings have been stripped.
We also offer Roughness Average (Ra.) testing, which measures the surface roughness or texture of an item using an instrument that scans the surface of the item, measuring the Ra. in micro-inches or micro-meters.
Our talented staff and large array of equipment allow us to offer a wide variety of finishes, including but not limited to:
- Grinding – basic stock removal using aggressive abrasive operations
- Line Graining – a directional scratch pattern using coated abrasives
- Brush Finishing – a semi-directional pattern using coated or woven abrasives
- Buffing – accomplished by working the substrate with sisal or cotton buffing wheels
- Color Buffing – a final cleaning and brightening operation that uses soft cotton buffs
- I.D. Finishing – all mechanical polishing done with hand tools or benchtop polishing