Double-Lock Splice-Locks™ Assembly Video
Check out our new video on our Double-Lock Splice-Lock Pipe and Tube Connector:
Available in steel, aluminum alloy 3003 and stainless steel Type 304. Double-Lock Splice-Locks are designed for the alignment of handrail sections and as expansion joints. They are most effective as a joint stiffener when used within 12″ of a welded post or handrail bracket.
The screw hole is threaded into the connector and the Double-Lock Splice-Lock’s prongs hold the piece together as a unit allowing for simple insertion into the pipe or tube. The set screw is a headless socket with a cup end.
Double-Lock Splice-Lock tube and pipe connectors have a similar shear strength as standard pipe but are not to be used in post Assemblies.
Double-Lock Splice-Lock tube and pipe connectors are available in single-lock and double-lock.
Single-Lock Splice-Locks are for use as Connectors or expansion joints. For maximum strength, use Double-Lock Splice-Locks.
The Splice-Lock contacts the inside of the pipe or tube in four areas along its length to ensure alignment and maximum strength.
- Drill 13/32″ diameter hole for 3/8″ Screws or 11/32″ hole for 5/16″ Screws. This clear hole should be centered 3/8″ from the end of each pipe or tube for 3-3/4″ Splice-Locks or 17/32″ to center for 6″ and 8″ Splice-Locks, as shown.
- Insert Splice-Lock into this first section.
- Insert and partially tighten the set screw.
- Slide other section to be joined over the Splice-Lock.
- Insert second set screw and tighten both screws fully.